Connect and collaborate with other young innovators from around the globe
For over 65 years, the Uniterra International Seminar has offered Canadian students and young professionals a unique experience to exchange and share knowledge across cultures. First initiated by WUSC in 1948, the Uniterra International Seminar connects youth across regions of the world to collaborate on a research project linked to local organizations in Africa, Latin America or Asia.
2017 International Seminar in Bolivia
The Summer 2017 International Seminar will be held in Bolivia! Together, student-leaders from Canada and Bolivia will explore the ways in which tourism can influence the sustainable and inclusive development of the economy and communities. Participants will work with actors like municipalities and government bodies, organizations, local businesses and academic institutions as they reflect on the intersection of these areas, and the ways in which they foster development.
What: Impact-driven research project with student-leaders from Canada and Bolivia.
When: 4 weeks, around July 2017 (exact dates coming soon!)
Where: La Paz, Bolivia (with possibility of travelling to other cities)
Who: Seminar participants can be Canadian and Bolivian post secondary (University or College) students or recent graduates.
Language: Spanish (intermediate proficiency)
Deadline to apply: November 20th 2017
For more information, download the 2017 Seminar Application Guide.
- Be Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Identify as youth (be between the ages of 18 and 35);
- Be currently registered at or recently graduated from a Canadian postsecondary institution;
- Have intermediate or strong proficiency in Spanish;
- Be engaged in your community, and have a demonstrated interest in local or international development issues, especially sustainable tourism;
- Have a team spirit, be adaptable and comfortable in an intercultural setting;
- Be willing and available to collaborate with other Seminar participants before departure;
- Open to sharing Seminar results with the Uniterra Program and network upon return;
- Have a good academic record;
- Be medically fit.
How do I apply?
1- I am a WUSC Local Committee member recruiting Seminar participants
Help us find the best participants right on your campus:
- Download our Seminar Application Guide and Recruitment Toolkit for Local Committee interviews and get started!
- Sign up for “International Seminar Recruitment” on My Committee & record who is on your interview panel (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your log-in details).
- Post Seminar posters on your campus and at various departments this Fall!
- Promote the Seminar on social media.
- Have information ready at your WUSC kiosk at events: Recruit potential new members looking for overseas experience!
- Join our Fall Seminar webinar to get more information (stay tuned for the date)!
2- I am a student or recent graduate and want to participate in the Seminar
- Download our Seminar Application Guide.
- Submit your application before November 20th 2016.
About last year's International Seminar - 70th Edition in Tanzania
When: 5 weeks, July 14th to August 20th 2016
Where: Arusha, Tanzania
Who: 16 youth leaders from Tanzania and Canada (post secondary students and recent graduates)
Theme: How agricultural systems support economic development and global food security, while looking at how technology and markets can create a sustainable food future for the planet.
2015 International Seminar in Vietnam
2014 International Seminar in Peru