Connect and collaborate with other young innovators from around the globe
For over 65 years, the Uniterra International Seminar has offered Canadian students and young professionals a unique experience to exchange and share knowledge across cultures. First initiated by WUSC in 1948, the Uniterra International Seminar connects youth across regions of the world to collaborate on a research project linked to local organizations in Africa, Latin America or Asia.
2019 International Seminar in Malawi
Call for applications: Academic Advisor for 2019 Uniterra International Seminar in Malawi. Click here for details.
Theme: Youth Leadership for Refugee Self Reliance
What: Bringing together Canadians, Malawians, and other youth from the great lakes region of Africa living in Malawi
When: July/August 2019 (4 weeks)
Where: Dzaleka, Malawi
Deadline to apply for student participants : February 24, 2019
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a current student of a Canadian university or college
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Be fluent in English. French is an asset
- Involvement on a WUSC Local Committee is an asset
- Current or completed studies in Social sciences is an asset
- Interest in exploring and discussing barriers that refugees face in the global south
- Interest in international development and global forced migration issues
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong teamwork skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability in new situations
- Interest in creating cross-cultural connections and networks
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
* Relevant expenses related to participation in the seminar are subsidized by the Uniterra program. However, successful candidates must be willing to fundraise or financially contribute up to $1500 for their participation in the seminar.
How do I apply?
Your application should include the following documents:
- Your C.V. or resume
- A letter of motivation, describing why you are interested, and why you would be a good candidate
- Two reference letters, one of which should be an academic reference
SEND YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION TO THE INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR TEAM BY EMAIL AT SRP@WUSC.CA WITH “International Seminar” INDICATED IN TITLE.
Eligible and interested candidates should apply by February 24, 2019.
About last year's International Seminar - 72nd Edition in Ghana
When: October 2018
Where: Accra, Ghana
Theme: Women in Entrepreneurship
2017 International Seminar in Bolivia
2016 International Seminar in Tanzania
2015 International Seminar in Vietnam
2014 International Seminar in Peru