Connect and collaborate with other young innovators from around the globe
For over 65 years, the Uniterra International Seminar has offered Canadian students and young professionals a unique experience to exchange and share knowledge across cultures. First initiated by WUSC in 1948, the Uniterra International Seminar connects youth across regions of the world to collaborate on a research project linked to local organizations in Africa, Latin America or Asia.
2019 International Seminar in Senegal
Call for applications: Coordinator for 2019 Uniterra International Seminar in Senegal.
Apply before July 30, 2019.
Call for applications: Participant in the 2019 Uniterra International Seminar in Senegal.
Theme: Women in Entrepreneurship
What: Bringing together young entrepreneurs from Canada and Senegal through a collaborative project to support women's economic empowerment
When: November 2 to 16, 2019
Where: Dakar, Senegal
Deadline to apply for participants : July 28, 2019
* Relevant expenses related to participation in the seminar are subsidized by the Uniterra program. However, successful candidates must be willing to fundraise or financially contribute up to $1000 for their participation in the seminar.
- Have Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status
- Identify as a young person (aged between 18 and 35);
- Be engaged for at least one to three years in the social and economic development of their community through an innovative company of which they are the founder or the leader;
- Have an interest in exploring and discussing the barriers faced by young women entrepreneurs in Canada and Senegal, but most importantly, available solutions, tools and support services;
- Demonstrate an interest in local and international development issues;
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Have team spirit and strong skills to work in a group;
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in new situations;
- Be comfortable in an intercultural context and have interest in creating intercultural relations and networks;
- Demonstrated skills in analysis and problem solving;
- Fluency in French, both orally and in writing;
- Have interest and be available to collaborate with other seminarits before leaving;
- Be open to sharing the results of the Seminar with the Uniterra program and their network of contacts upon their return.
How do I apply?
Your application should include the following documents:
- Letter of motivation
- C.V. or resume
- Presentation of your company
For more information on the International Seminar and how to apply, consult the application package [in French].
Send your application
Send your completed application to the International Seminar team by email at ESF@WUSC.CA with "Application for 2019 International Seminar - Participant's name" indicated in title.
Eligible and interested candidates for the International Seminar in Senegal should apply by July 28, 2019.
2019 International Seminar in Malawi
Theme: Youth Leadership for Refugee Self Reliance
What: Bringing together Canadians, Malawians, and other youth from the great lakes region of Africa living in Malawi
When: July/August 2019 (4 weeks)
Where: Dzaleka, Malawi
Deadline to apply for student participants : February 24, 2019
About last year's International Seminar - 72nd Edition in Ghana
When: October 2018
Where: Accra, Ghana
Theme: Women in Entrepreneurship
2017 International Seminar in Bolivia
2016 International Seminar in Tanzania
2015 International Seminar in Vietnam
2014 International Seminar in Peru